2100 M Street, NW
Washington, DC 20037
Note: The entrance to the Urban Institute is on the west side of 21st Street between M and L Streets, NW.
From the Metro
Note: Please refer to Metro's system map for more information on using the Metro system.
Red Line (Dupont Circle)
Use the Dupont Circle South (19th Street) exit. Walk south on 19th Street (down the hill) until you get to M Street, then turn right onto M Street and walk 2 blocks to 21st Street. Turn left onto 21st Street. The entrance to the Urban Institute is on the west (right) side of 21st Street.
Blue/Orange Line (Farragut West)
Use the 18th Street exit. Walk north on 18th Street until you reach L Street and turn left onto L Street. Walk west on L Street to 21st Street and turn right onto 21st Street. The entrance to the Urban Institute is on the west (left) side of 21st Street.
There are several parking garages near the Urban Institute, including on each side of 21st Street and on New Hampshire Avenue. While these garages are all close and generally have space available, parking is not guaranteed and is often expensive. Therefore, taking Metro is recommended when possible.
Note: All directions below are directly from Yahoo! Maps, and should only be used as an aid for planning.
From Baltimore-Washington International Airport (BWI)
1. Start going towards the AIRPORT EXIT on METROPOLITAN BLVD
2. Continue on I-195 WEST
3. Take the BALT / WASH PKWY/MD-295 SOUTH exit towards WASHINGTON, exit #2B
4. Merge on MD-295 SOUTH
5. Take the US-50 WEST exit towards WASHINGTON
6. Merge on US-50 WEST
7. Continue on US-1-ALT SOUTH/US-50 WEST
8. Continue on US-50 WEST
9. Continue on NEW YORK AVE NW
10. Bear Right on MT VERNON PL NW
11. Continue on MASSACHUSETTS AVE NW
12. Turn Right on SCOTT CIR NW
13. Continue on RHODE ISLAND AVE NW
14. Continue on M ST NW
Distance: 32.3 miles Approximate Travel Time: 56 mins
From Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA)
1. Start going towards the AIRPORT EXIT on B C ARRIVALS/BAG CLAIM
2. Continue on AIRPORT EXIT towards WASHINGTON
3. Merge on the highway
4. Take the I-395 NORTH/US-1 NORTH exit towards WASHINGTON
5. Merge on I-395 NORTH
6. Continue on US-1 NORTH
7. Continue on 14TH ST NW
8. Turn Left on K ST NW
9. Turn Right on 20TH ST NW
10. Turn Left on M ST NW
Distance: 4.8 miles Approximate Travel Time: 11 mins
Note: Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport is Metro-accessible via the Blue and Yellow lines.
From Dulles International Airport (IAD)
1. Start going towards the AIRPORT EXIT on DULLES AIRPORT ACCESS RD
2. Continue on VA-267 EAST
3. Continue on I-66 EAST
4. Take the E STREET/(I-66 E) ramp towards KENNEDY CENTER/WHITEHURST FREEWAY
5. Merge on POTOMAC RIVER FWY N
6. Take the L ST NW exit towards WHITEHURST FRWY
7. Continue on L ST NW
8. Bear Right on PENNSYLVANIA AVE NW
9. Turn Right on WASHINGTON CIR NW
10. Turn Right on NEW HAMPSHIRE AVE NW
11. Make a Hard Right Turn on 21ST ST NW
12. Turn Right on M ST NW
Distance: 26.2 miles Approximate Travel Time: 39 mins